Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- Credit: Neil Spence Photography
MasterChef: The Professionals winner Alex Webb of Great Dunmow has another tasty recipe for you to try.
And remember, if you make the recipe, share your thoughts and pictures with him via social media - he is Chef Webb and his handle is @chefwebb1
Over to Alex:
So this week I am going for a roasted chicken supreme stuffed with a herb butter and a chorizo pearl barley risotto
Recipe for two
Ingredients for the chicken supremes
Two chicken breasts
Fresh herbs, chives, parsley, 100g each
Garlic peeled 1 clove
Ingredients for Chorizo and pearl barley risotto
1 onion slice and diced
1 garlic clove peeled and chopped
300g pearl barley
1 litre of chicken stock from cube or fresh
50g chopped parsley
First take out the 200g of butter to soften
For the risotto
- 1 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 4 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 5 Dunmow TKD enjoy medal-laden trip to British Championships
- 6 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 7 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 8 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 9 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 10 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo for 3-4 mins until it turns golden. Remove and set aside.
Add the onion and garlic to the pan, and cook for 3-4 mins, then add the pearl barley and stir well and the chicken stock.
Bring to the boil, then turn down to a low simmer and cook for 25 -30 mins, or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the pearl barley is soft. You can add a little water if you feel it needs it.
Now moving on to prepare the chicken, take your butter out and put it into a bowl. It should be soft but if not, you can soften in the microwave. Add your chopped herbs, garlic, salt and mix well.
Take your chicken and lift the skin almost all the way on one side and slide your butter in and close the skin up, season the outside of the chicken, place in a baking tray and into a 180c oven for around 25-30 mins then get on to the risotto.
Add the butter to the risotto while its hot so it goes nice and creamy
Then add your crispy chorizo and fresh parsley place it next to your chicken breast.
Other Chef Webb recipes