Valentine's Flitch Ball to take place this February
- Credit: Celia Bartlett Photography
The Valentine's Flitch Ball will return in 2022.
To raise money for next summer's Dunmow Flitch Trials, a tradition referenced in Geoffrey Chaucer's Canturbury Tales, couples and friends have been invited to a ball on Saturday, February 12 at Foakes Hall.
The event is set to include a drinks reception, three-course meal and live music.
Organiser Kay Puddick said: "What with the pandemic, the Flitch Trials were sadly cancelled on the last leap year (2020).
"Hopefully it will be full steam ahead next year.
"On February 12, we have games lined up, plus a raffle, auctions, music and dancing.
"If you can help us out, we are also looking for raffle and auction prizes ahead of the event."
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 3 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 4 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 5 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 6 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 7 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 8 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
The ball will begin at 7.30pm on February 12.
Tickets cost £55 with full details on the Flitch Trials Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/dunmow.flitchtrials