Flitch Trials rescheduled to 2022
- Credit: Dunmow Flitch Trials Organising Committee
The organising committee behind the Dunmow Flitch Trials have announced they will be rescheduled to next year.
The Flitch Trials, which take place every four years, , will be held on Saturday July 9, 2022.
They were last held in July 2016. They have been rescheduled because of the Covid pandemic.
All tickets already purchased will be automatically carried forward to July 2022.
Anyone who prefers a refund should email their name and contact phone number to email@example.com
Other queries, including offers of help or sponsorship, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The trials have been going for more than 900 years and every four years reward a flitch of bacon to couples who can convince judges they are happily married.
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 3 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 4 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 5 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 6 Foodies Festival returns to Hylands Park for tasty Chelmsford weekend
- 7 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 8 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 9 School activities and sports in pictures
- 10 Your photos: Street parties during the Platinum Jubilee
At last week's Great Dunmow Town Council meeting, Essex County councillor Susan Barker said it was a shame the Trials were having to be postponed again but grants could be carried forward.