Flitch Trials rescheduled to 2022
- Credit: Dunmow Flitch Trials Organising Committee
The organising committee behind the Dunmow Flitch Trials have announced they will be rescheduled to next year.
The Flitch Trials, which take place every four years, , will be held on Saturday July 9, 2022.
They were last held in July 2016. They have been rescheduled because of the Covid pandemic.
All tickets already purchased will be automatically carried forward to July 2022.
Anyone who prefers a refund should email their name and contact phone number to email@example.com
Other queries, including offers of help or sponsorship, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The trials have been going for more than 900 years and every four years reward a flitch of bacon to couples who can convince judges they are happily married.
- 1 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’
- 2 Dinosaur park decision made
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Cyclist dies after collision near The Notleys
- 5 How Malcolm's work is having an impact in Uttlesford
- 6 Free catalytic converter anti-theft marking session on Sunday
- 7 Campaigners quiz council over its Wethersfield prisons letters
- 8 TV adverts will challenge Essex TOWIE stereotypes
- 9 Tree collection is a fundraising success for St Clare hospice
- 10 Archaeologists find remains of late-medieval cart track
At last week's Great Dunmow Town Council meeting, Essex County councillor Susan Barker said it was a shame the Trials were having to be postponed again but grants could be carried forward.