Christmas jazz nights at Chelmsford Civic Theatre
- Credit: Archant
This year, Larry Berkovitz and Zak Barrett are joined by the usual suspects including renowned multi-instrumentalist Adam Mader and Andy Frost on drums and beat box.
The Christmas Jazz Nights, which usually sell-out at Chelmsford Civic Theatre are from Thursday, December 19 to Saturday, December 21 in the theatre's Cramphorn Studio.
This year, Larry Berkovitz and Zak Barrett will be joined by the usual suspects including renowned multi-instrumentalist Adam Mader and Andy Frost on drums and beat box (or vocal percussion).
Larry's playing style can best be described as "unorthodox".
Equipped with a very early farfisa organ, he says he survived the underground rock years of the late sixties/early seventies as one half of a group called Two supporting Uriah Heep, Colosseum, Slade and Osibisa, a British Afrobeat band, founded in London in 1969 by four expatriate African and three Caribbean musicians.
You may also want to watch:
Shows at 8pm with a Saturday matinee at 3pm. Tickets are £20 for the evening and £15 for the matinee. There is a group discount of one ticket in 10 free, and special discounts for students and registered unemployed, £7 from 01245 606505 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash