Christmas jazz nights at Chelmsford Civic Theatre
- Credit: Archant
This year, Larry Berkovitz and Zak Barrett are joined by the usual suspects including renowned multi-instrumentalist Adam Mader and Andy Frost on drums and beat box.
The Christmas Jazz Nights, which usually sell-out at Chelmsford Civic Theatre are from Thursday, December 19 to Saturday, December 21 in the theatre's Cramphorn Studio.
This year, Larry Berkovitz and Zak Barrett will be joined by the usual suspects including renowned multi-instrumentalist Adam Mader and Andy Frost on drums and beat box (or vocal percussion).
Larry's playing style can best be described as "unorthodox".
Equipped with a very early farfisa organ, he says he survived the underground rock years of the late sixties/early seventies as one half of a group called Two supporting Uriah Heep, Colosseum, Slade and Osibisa, a British Afrobeat band, founded in London in 1969 by four expatriate African and three Caribbean musicians.
You may also want to watch:
Shows at 8pm with a Saturday matinee at 3pm. Tickets are £20 for the evening and £15 for the matinee. There is a group discount of one ticket in 10 free, and special discounts for students and registered unemployed, £7 from 01245 606505 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease