Work steps up over Easter holidays as Dunmow dance school prepare for all-weather show
- Credit: Archant
IT’S close to showtime in Dunmow with a dance school stepping up rehearsals for their biennial show.
Performers from the Dunmow Theatre Dance School will work throughout the Easter holidays to ensure their up-coming show, Weather to Dance, is a success.
A huge variety of sparkling costumes have been assembled for the production and ‘the weather’ has been selected to be the show’s main theme.
Principal teacher Sue Bibb said: “This show is the culmination of many months of hard work. The talent some of these children have is amazing and they deserve to show it off.
“I am extremely proud of their hard work and commitment. It will be a very fast-paced show, full of energy.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 100 pupils, aged three to 19, will perform in the show with preparations starting as early as last September.
All of the children involved train at classes in Dunmow and Barnston during the week, and some pupils have even performed at Her Majesty’s Theatre in the West End.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
The school provides dance classes in ballet, tap modern and jazz for everyone aged three to adult.
The show will run on Friday April 12 at 7pm, and Saturday April 13 with a matinee at 1.30pm and an evening show scheduled 6.30pm evening.
For tickets contact Sue Bibb on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07969 340021.