The Queen of the Night, celebrating Whitney Houston is at Chelmsford Civic Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The soundtrack from Bodyguard remains the best-selling soundtrack album in history.
The legend that was Whitney Houston, the American singer who died in 2012 aged 48, will be celebrated at Chelmsford Civic Theatre on Thursday, February 11.
The show Whitney, Queen of the Night, is direct from London's West End. Enjoy I Wanna Dance with Somebody, I'm Every Woman and One Moment in Time.
Whitney was most awarded female artist of all time by Guinness World Records and remains one of the best-selling music artists of all time with 200 million records sold worldwide.
She released seven studio albums and two soundtrack albums, all went diamond, multi-platinum, platinum, or gold.
You may also want to watch:
She began singing in church as a child and became a background vocalist in high school. She signed to a label aged 19.
Her screen acting debut was in the romantic thriller film The Bodyguard (1992).
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 8 New cycle network consultation announced
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 Summer art competition for children launched by school
She recorded six songs for the film's soundtrack, including I Will Always Love You, which received the Grammy Award for Record of the Year and became the best-selling single by a woman in music history. The soundtrack album received the Grammy Award for Album of the Year. It remains the best-selling soundtrack album in history.
Show 7.45pm. Tickets £27, concessions £25 from 01245 606505 or www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres.