Uncle Funk promises 'Christmas Inferno' show in Great Dunmow
- Credit: Uncle Funk's Disco Inferno
Festival favourite Uncle Funk has promised to bring a "Christmas Inferno" to Great Dunmow.
The nine-piece band, fronted by Uncle Funk Simon Baker, will play Foakes Hall from 9pm on Saturday, December 4 for their Christmas show.
The band features Cliff Richard's guitarist Bobby Harrison and Bonnie Tyler’s bassist Mike Brooks.
Baker promised that his band will bring a fiery theme to Dunmow this Christmas.
He said: "We think we are the most exciting band you will ever see grace a stage.
"We’ve had a costume make-over too – it’s an eye-popping disco extravaganza!"
To celebrate the makeover, Uncle Funk said guests should watch the event in an Disco Inferno-themed fancy dress.
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 4 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 5 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 6 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 7 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 8 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
- 9 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 10 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
He said: "We’re looking for the hottest outfits – we’ll be giving prizes for the best!”
Uncle Funk's Disco Inferno played Standon Calling and the Cambridge Club Festival this summer.
Tickets for the Dunmow show are £20 online: https://www.wegottickets.com/event/510742