Uncle Funk promises 'Christmas Inferno' show in Great Dunmow
- Credit: Uncle Funk's Disco Inferno
Festival favourite Uncle Funk has promised to bring a "Christmas Inferno" to Great Dunmow.
The nine-piece band, fronted by Uncle Funk Simon Baker, will play Foakes Hall from 9pm on Saturday, December 4 for their Christmas show.
The band features Cliff Richard's guitarist Bobby Harrison and Bonnie Tyler’s bassist Mike Brooks.
Baker promised that his band will bring a fiery theme to Dunmow this Christmas.
He said: "We think we are the most exciting band you will ever see grace a stage.
"We’ve had a costume make-over too – it’s an eye-popping disco extravaganza!"
To celebrate the makeover, Uncle Funk said guests should watch the event in an Disco Inferno-themed fancy dress.
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 3 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 4 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 5 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 6 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 7 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 8 Festive fun comes to Rayne this December
- 9 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 10 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
He said: "We’re looking for the hottest outfits – we’ll be giving prizes for the best!”
Uncle Funk's Disco Inferno played Standon Calling and the Cambridge Club Festival this summer.
Tickets for the Dunmow show are £20 online: https://www.wegottickets.com/event/510742