Treasure Island comes to Great Bardfield
- Credit: Archant
The Bardfield Players, present Treasure Island in the village’s town hall from January 18 to 20.
In this comic version of Robert Louis Stevenson’s tale, Jack Hawkins (Kellie Forbes) dreams of making his fortune but has to help his mother (Ma Hawkins played by Steve Hudspith) in The Admiral Benbow Inn.
They find a treasure map left behind in the tavern by sailor Billy Bones who has become a victim of the Black Spot, a signal that he is cursed and about to die.
Jack and his mother persuade Squire Trelourny and his lovely daughter Felicity to buy a ship and set sail.
The evil, Long John Silver (Sven Steinbauer) hears of the plan and wants the treasure for himself, so along with his band of really rubbish pirates, they pretend to be a crew and are hired to sail the ship.
You may also want to watch:
There is much slapstick, song, dance and audience participation before they all live happily ever after, including Robinson Crusoe.
Shows, 8pm with a 2pm Saturday matinee. Tickets, adults £8, children £4 from Great Bardfield Co-op.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 3 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 6 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 9 New cycle network consultation announced
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack