Treasure Island comes to Great Bardfield
- Credit: Archant
The Bardfield Players, present Treasure Island in the village’s town hall from January 18 to 20.
In this comic version of Robert Louis Stevenson’s tale, Jack Hawkins (Kellie Forbes) dreams of making his fortune but has to help his mother (Ma Hawkins played by Steve Hudspith) in The Admiral Benbow Inn.
They find a treasure map left behind in the tavern by sailor Billy Bones who has become a victim of the Black Spot, a signal that he is cursed and about to die.
Jack and his mother persuade Squire Trelourny and his lovely daughter Felicity to buy a ship and set sail.
The evil, Long John Silver (Sven Steinbauer) hears of the plan and wants the treasure for himself, so along with his band of really rubbish pirates, they pretend to be a crew and are hired to sail the ship.
You may also want to watch:
There is much slapstick, song, dance and audience participation before they all live happily ever after, including Robinson Crusoe.
Shows, 8pm with a 2pm Saturday matinee. Tickets, adults £8, children £4 from Great Bardfield Co-op.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear