Tour de France inspiration at charity fayre
AS the Tour de France 2011 continues, cycling fans will be able to see two of the Tour’s historic bikes at the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity’s Vintage Fayre
AS the Tour de France 2011 continues, cycling fans will be able to see two of the Tour’s historic bikes at the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity’s Vintage Fayre in Cressing on Sunday, July 24.
The two antique Tour de France bikes are among a range of old and retro bicycles brought to the fayre by Tim Gunn, owner of The Old Bicycle Company.
“One of them was ridden by the famous French cyclist Victor Fontan.” said Tim. ”It’s the bike he was on when he was leading the race in 1929 – the only time when three riders have ever been awarded the yellow jersey at the same time.”
Tim set up The Old Bicycle Company in 1995 for cycling enthusiasts looking for new bicycles and accessories with a traditional ‘retro’ style, as well as vintage bikes. His website and shop in Aythorpe Roding now attract customers from across the world.
The bicycles are one of the many attractions at the Helen Rollason Cancer Charity’s Vintage Fayre which is being held from 10.30am – 5pm on Sunday, July 24, at Cressing Temple Barns, near Braintree.
Visitors can also see classic cars and motorbikes, a rock and roll band, jive dancing, antiques and a range of stalls as well as face-painting, donkey rides and archery.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much respected' Great Dunmow Town Band leader Andy King
- 3 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 4 Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners make the most of the summer sun
- 5 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 8 Harmer's career-best haul helps Essex stun Hampshire
- 9 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 10 KidzFair in Great Dunmow was a huge success for young entrepreneurs
Tim said: “We get enquiries from as far away as America and Australia but it’s great to support a local event for such a good cause.”
Under 16: �2.50
Under 5: Free
Family Ticket: �12