The Strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - set in present day, America - and a race for the White House.
- Credit: Archant
In the wake of yet another mass shooting, Senator Henry Jekyll, a bold, young, candidate for the Oval Office, promises to end America’s love affair with guns.
This is The Strange Case of Jekyll and Hyde for now.
The President Of The United States has fallen, impeached for corruption and now awaits trial.
As the American senate slides into chaos, election fever grips the nation.
In the wake of yet another mass shooting, Senator Henry Jekyll, a bold, young, liberal independent, announces his candidacy to run for the Oval Office. His one promise: to end America's toxic love affair with guns. Emboldened by a landmark level of public support, and the backing of Big Pharma, Jekyll's victory seems almost inevitable.
But as voting draws near, Gabrielle Utterson, Jekyll's campaign manager, grows increasingly suspicious of the senator's running mate, a certain Edward Hyde who seems to have a hold over Jekyll.
In the Cramphorn Studio at Chelmford Civic Theatre, presented by Arrows and Traps. Friday, March 6 at 7.30pm. Tickets £14, concessions £12, special concessions, £7 from 01245 606505 or www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres.
- 1 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 2 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Parishes join forces to oppose 'unsustainable' housing idea near Hatfield Heath
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 8 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Uttlesford elects its first female leader in council's 47-year history