The National Trust Fan Club stops in Bishops’s Stortford on July 18
- Credit: Archant
On its way to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Helen Wood’s comedy the National Trust Fan Club will be at the Rhodes Arts Complex on Thursday, July 18.
On its way to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Helen Wood's comedy the National Trust Fan Club will be at the Rhodes Arts Complex on Thursday, July 18.
Using a combination of her own stories, historical anecdotes, poetry, sketches and selfies, (and a dog where she is allowed) Helen takes the audience on a whirlwind tour of the National Trust properties and outdoor spaces around Britain.
A writer and performer, Wood is a actor who loves playing larger than life comic characters. Her favourites have been Mrs Bennett in Pride and Prejudice, Mrs Sparsit in Hard Times and Captain Hook.
As part of the Freshwater Theatre Company, she played Helena and Snug on a tour of A Midsummer Night's Dream for Italian schools and several historical characters for performances in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
In 2014 and 2015 she co-wrote and performed in her sell-out comedy The Usherettes.
Show 7.30pm. Tickets, £15, £13 concessions from 01279 710200 or www.rhodesartscomplex.ticketsolve.com.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert