Week three of Thaxted Festival has Handel, jazz and blues
- Credit: Archant
Handel, jazz, blues and organ music is on the programme for week three of Thaxted Festival.
Handel, jazz, blues and organ music is on the programme for week three of Thaxted Festival at the village's parish church.
Friday, July 5 at 8pm has the London Handel Orchestra playing the Arrival of the Queen of Sheba and Handel's Water Music, as well as Bach's Brandenburgh Concerto.
Saturday, July 5, at noon sees Riccardo Bonci, a former organist at St Maria Assunta Cathedral in Tuscany, playing European church and secular pieces.
Saturday night at 7.30pm has the Jonathan Vinten Quartet playing jazz swing. Pianist Vinten was a regular at Ronnie Scott's with George Melly. Quartet includes Julian Marc Stringle on sax, Steve Thompson double bass and Bobby Worth, drums.
You may also want to watch:
The final show of the weekend, on Sunday, July 7 at 7.30pm is Ronnie Scott's Blues Explosion, celebrating Eric clapton, BB King, Buddy Guy and Muddy Waters.
Tickets, www.thaxtedfestival.co.uk or 01371 831421. Thaxted Church of St John the Baptist, Watling Street, CM6 2PE.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary