Week three of Thaxted Festival has Handel, jazz and blues
- Credit: Archant
Handel, jazz, blues and organ music is on the programme for week three of Thaxted Festival.
Handel, jazz, blues and organ music is on the programme for week three of Thaxted Festival at the village's parish church.
Friday, July 5 at 8pm has the London Handel Orchestra playing the Arrival of the Queen of Sheba and Handel's Water Music, as well as Bach's Brandenburgh Concerto.
Saturday, July 5, at noon sees Riccardo Bonci, a former organist at St Maria Assunta Cathedral in Tuscany, playing European church and secular pieces.
Saturday night at 7.30pm has the Jonathan Vinten Quartet playing jazz swing. Pianist Vinten was a regular at Ronnie Scott's with George Melly. Quartet includes Julian Marc Stringle on sax, Steve Thompson double bass and Bobby Worth, drums.
You may also want to watch:
The final show of the weekend, on Sunday, July 7 at 7.30pm is Ronnie Scott's Blues Explosion, celebrating Eric clapton, BB King, Buddy Guy and Muddy Waters.
Tickets, www.thaxtedfestival.co.uk or 01371 831421. Thaxted Church of St John the Baptist, Watling Street, CM6 2PE.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 6 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 7 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 8 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 9 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing