Thaxted Festival, over four weekends, opens on Friday, June 21
- Credit: Archant
Brandenburg Sinfonia to open Thaxted Festival with Mozart, George Gerswhin and Tchaikovsky.
The first weekend of the Thaxted Festival from June 21-23 will have the Brandenburg Sinfonia on Friday, June 21, playing Mozart's Sinfonia Concertante for violin and viola, George Gershwin (Lullaby 1924) Peter Warlock: Capriol Suite 1926 and Tchaikovsky's Serenade Op 48 1881. Show at 8pm.
On the Saturday, The Emma Johnson Trio, in a concert called Clarinet Goes to Town - the birth of Jazz, pays tribute to Sidney Bechet, Benny Goodman and Artie Shaw. Show at 7pm.
Expect a riot of styles: ragtime, cakewalks, tango, habaneras, and spirituals. After this concert there will be Morris and Country Dancing outside as part of the Church's Patronal Festival.
On the Sunday, The choir of Christ's College Cambridge singing English romantic and 20th century works by Elgar, Stanford, Parry and Finzi. Show 7.30pm.
The festival, at the historic Thaxted Church, runs over four weekends, continuing on: June 28-30, July 5-7, July 12-14.
Homemade cake is served with wine and soft drinks during the interval. Full programme and tickets, from www.thaxtedfestival.co.uk or 01371 831421.
- 1 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 3 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 4 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 5 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 6 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Dunmow Special and Braintree PCSO among award winners
- 9 There With You This Winter: New scheme for insulation improvements
- 10 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors