Swimming classes help adults to take the plunge
GET in the pool for the New Year and enjoy one of the finest and healthiest leisure activities around.
Swimming is a fantastic life skill which can keep us fit and healthy but a large proportion of adults cannot swim or feel nervous in the water.
This January, Great Dunmow Leisure Centre is launching a fantastic new range of swimming lessons for adults, which start at �24 for an eight week course.
Business Manager David Burnham said: “These courses are not just for complete novices and beginners.
“They are perfect for people who are self taught or just want to improve their stroke, ability and effectiveness in the pool. To encourage more adults to come and try our lessons, we have introduced a special introductory offer for new customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Lessons available include:
Learn to swim / water confidence for adults: It’s never too late to learn, lessons for adults
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
Stroke improvement lessons for adults: great for if you want to learn a different stroke or learn how to breathe properly whilst swimming
Advanced lessons for adults: these are perfect for someone who’s training for a triathlon, open water swimming event, swimming competitions or just wants to get stronger and fitter.
Mr Burnham added: “If the correct swimming technique is taught then swimming becomes a more pleasurable experience and enables the participant to enjoy a more productive session in the pool.
“Becoming more confident in the water will also open up further opportunities for customers to enjoy other aquatic activities we hold at the centre such as Aquafit.”
People benefiting from the adult swimming lessons will be able to swim for just �1 in between lessons for the entire course.
Swimming is an excellent way to stay fit and healthy and as a non weight bearing activity it’s perfect for older people and those suffering from injuries.
The classes are open for adults (16 years and over) and all abilities are welcome.
Dunmow leisure centre is located on Parsonage Downs near Helena Romanes School.