Swimming classes help adults to take the plunge
GET in the pool for the New Year and enjoy one of the finest and healthiest leisure activities around.
Swimming is a fantastic life skill which can keep us fit and healthy but a large proportion of adults cannot swim or feel nervous in the water.
This January, Great Dunmow Leisure Centre is launching a fantastic new range of swimming lessons for adults, which start at �24 for an eight week course.
Business Manager David Burnham said: “These courses are not just for complete novices and beginners.
“They are perfect for people who are self taught or just want to improve their stroke, ability and effectiveness in the pool. To encourage more adults to come and try our lessons, we have introduced a special introductory offer for new customers.”
Lessons available include:
Learn to swim / water confidence for adults: It’s never too late to learn, lessons for adults
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 8 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 9 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 10 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
Stroke improvement lessons for adults: great for if you want to learn a different stroke or learn how to breathe properly whilst swimming
Advanced lessons for adults: these are perfect for someone who’s training for a triathlon, open water swimming event, swimming competitions or just wants to get stronger and fitter.
Mr Burnham added: “If the correct swimming technique is taught then swimming becomes a more pleasurable experience and enables the participant to enjoy a more productive session in the pool.
“Becoming more confident in the water will also open up further opportunities for customers to enjoy other aquatic activities we hold at the centre such as Aquafit.”
People benefiting from the adult swimming lessons will be able to swim for just �1 in between lessons for the entire course.
Swimming is an excellent way to stay fit and healthy and as a non weight bearing activity it’s perfect for older people and those suffering from injuries.
The classes are open for adults (16 years and over) and all abilities are welcome.
Dunmow leisure centre is located on Parsonage Downs near Helena Romanes School.