Step back in time for Dunmow’s festive shopping bonanza
- Credit: Archant
Festive cheer will be in abundance when the Dickensian Christmas Shopping Day returns to Great Dunmow in a matter of weeks.
This will be the third year in a row that the town has stepped back in time for the magical event, on Sunday, December 7.
The town centre will be bustling with food, charity and gift stalls. The star of the show will be Father Christmas, who can be found on the patio area of The Saracen’s Head Hotel.
Dunmow singer James Ford will be wowing the crowds with the help of Scene II Arts Academy students and other local groups will be putting on performances.
Hollie O’Brien, one of the organisers of the event, said: “I am really excited about the event. I think we have double the amount of stalls than what we did last year. It will be a great opportunity to get some Christmas shopping as there will be some fantastic things on sale.
You may also want to watch:
“Everybody really comes together for it and lots of people get in the spirit and dress up.”
The event will run from 11am until 3pm. Most stalls will be situated on the High Street and Mama Mia Food Market can be found on the Town Square.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 4 New cycle network consultation announced
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
• Also on the day the raffle to raise money for four-year-old Olivia Bowyer will be drawn at The Flitch House, at noon. Top prizes include a week in Nice and tickets to see the X Factor live finals. Tickets for the raffle can be bought from Scrumptious Tearooms, Zoe’s Coffee Shop and The Flitch House.