Step back in time for Dunmow’s festive shopping bonanza
- Credit: Archant
Festive cheer will be in abundance when the Dickensian Christmas Shopping Day returns to Great Dunmow in a matter of weeks.
This will be the third year in a row that the town has stepped back in time for the magical event, on Sunday, December 7.
The town centre will be bustling with food, charity and gift stalls. The star of the show will be Father Christmas, who can be found on the patio area of The Saracen’s Head Hotel.
Dunmow singer James Ford will be wowing the crowds with the help of Scene II Arts Academy students and other local groups will be putting on performances.
Hollie O’Brien, one of the organisers of the event, said: “I am really excited about the event. I think we have double the amount of stalls than what we did last year. It will be a great opportunity to get some Christmas shopping as there will be some fantastic things on sale.
“Everybody really comes together for it and lots of people get in the spirit and dress up.”
The event will run from 11am until 3pm. Most stalls will be situated on the High Street and Mama Mia Food Market can be found on the Town Square.
- 1 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 4 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 5 Dunmow TKD enjoy medal-laden trip to British Championships
- 6 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 7 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 8 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 9 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
• Also on the day the raffle to raise money for four-year-old Olivia Bowyer will be drawn at The Flitch House, at noon. Top prizes include a week in Nice and tickets to see the X Factor live finals. Tickets for the raffle can be bought from Scrumptious Tearooms, Zoe’s Coffee Shop and The Flitch House.