Sing in the New Year with internationally-acclaimed Cambridge Chord Company
Internationally-acclaimed male chorus, Cambridge Chord Company, is holding an open evening for any men who would like to experience acapella singing at its best.
The chorus has long been popular with audiences for its combination of musical excellence and entertaining performance style. It has performed and competed from Glasgow to Bournemouth in the UK, in Holland, all over Ireland and in Nashville, Montreal and Denver in North America.
Other locations include TV, an aeroplane, a fish-market a swimming pool (partly submerged) and a bar or two.
Cambridge Chord Company has won numerous medals and trophies, perhaps the most cherished being the Pavarotti Choir Of The World award from the International Llangollen Eisteddfod.
Extending their open evening invitation to kick off the New Year with a song, the chorus chairman Stephen Brown said: “If you’re tired of turkey and stuffed with stuffing and you want to open your lungs and your hearts to the enjoyment of singing in harmony, then come along and have a go! Whatever your current level of singing ability from novice-in-the-bath to diva-on-the-stage we would love to welcome you.
You may also want to watch:
“After that, if you like what you hear and you want to join us for longer than one evening we offer coaching at all levels and a chance to learn and perform barbershop and other acapella music at a very high standard.”
The open evening is on Thursday, January 23 at 8pm in the Abington Village Institute, CB21 6AB.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 8 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 9 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
Further information is available on cambridgechordcompany.co.uk or telephone 01223 833725 or e-mail email@example.com