The Script's Newmarket concert postponed until 2022
- Credit: Andrew Whitton. Supplied by Chuff Media.
The Script have rescheduled their concert at Newmarket Racecourses to 2022.
Fronted by Danny O'Donoghue, the chart-topping Irish band, known for single The Man Who Can't Be Moved, were due to headline Newmarket Nights this summer.
Since the release of the UK government roadmap out of lockdown, The Jockey Club Live has been working hard behind the scenes regarding the return of live music.
With the planned reopening of large-scale events scheduled for June 21, promoters have rearranged The Script show from June 18 this year to Friday, July 15, 2022.
The group tweeted: "#TheScriptFamily, we can now confirm that our show at @TheJCLive has been rescheduled for 15th July 2022!
"Tickets available here http://thejockeyclub.co.uk/live"
Pete Tong and The Heritage Orchestra’s Ibiza Classics show at Newmarket will also be postponed to 2022.
It will now take place on Friday, August 12.
Sophie Abie, general manager at Newmarket Racecourses, said: "We're sorry to announce that due to the challenges presented by preparing for this summer’s dates during the current lockdown as well as restrictions in place before June 21, both Pete Tong & The Heritage Orchestra and The Script’s headline concerts at Newmarket Racecourses are being postponed and rescheduled for summer 2022.
- 1 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 2 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 7 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 8 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 9 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 10 Chelmsford: Safety improvements planned at roundabout after Thaxted man dies
"We know fans will be disappointed that these concerts are not taking place this year, but we can promise it will be worth the wait!”
Tickets will automatically be transferred to the new dates.
However, ticket holders will be contacted and given the option of requesting a full refund or e-voucher to attend a future music night or racing fixture of their choice.
Bryan Ferry's 2021 tour dates, including one at Newmarket Racecourses this summer, have also been cancelled.