Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- Credit: Robin Clewly
A Classical BRIT Award-winning saxophonist is coming to Saffron Hall on tour.
BBC Radio 3 presenter Jess Gillam, 23, will play Saffron Hall on July 3.
Her tour features guest performers, including The Maccabees' former frontman Orlando Weeks, and composer Ollie Howell who has worked on BBC's Dynasties and two-time Golden Globe-winning The Mauritanian.
Her ensemble is conducted by the London Contemporary Orchestra’s Hugh Brunt.
Jess' tour begins at St Jude's, Hampstead on June 26 and will end in Snape Maltings, Suffolk in August.
You may also want to watch:
There are two concerts in Saffron Walden on July 3, one at 5pm and one at 8pm.
Tickets are being sold through the Saffron Hall website: https://events.saffronhall.com/whats-on/view/jess-gillam-friends
Jess said her tour is designed to showcase the diversity, dynamism and versatility of the saxophone.
- 1 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 5 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
A spokesperson for Jess said: "Celebrating the power of live music, the concert promises to be an exhilarating and emotional evening."