Elmer the Patchwork Elephant on stage at Rhodes Arts Complex on Friday, August 9
- Credit: Archant
There is a stage version of the celebrated children’s story at The Rhodes Arts Complex
There is a stage version of Elmer the Patchwork Elephant at The Rhodes Arts Complex on Friday, August 9.
The show is based on the classic children's book series by David McKee, which celebrates its 30th birthday this year.
Elephants, as everyone knows, are big, have trunks, and are grey.
But Elmer is a patchwork of brilliant colours. His fun-loving and cheerful personality keeps everyone in a playful mood, until the day he gets tired of being different and tries to blend in with the herd.
This is a puppet show with a menagerie of 21 puppets who tells the tale of an elephant who stands out - both with his patchwork-coloured skin and his sense of humour. He wants to fit in but then he realises that his friends have always valued his unique characteristics.
1pm. Running Time: 45 minutes. Tickets, £14 or £52 family from rhodesartscomplex.co.uk or 01279 710200.
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 4 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 7 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 8 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 9 Campaigners quiz council over its Wethersfield prisons letters
- 10 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner