Elmer the Patchwork Elephant on stage at Rhodes Arts Complex on Friday, August 9
- Credit: Archant
There is a stage version of the celebrated children’s story at The Rhodes Arts Complex
There is a stage version of Elmer the Patchwork Elephant at The Rhodes Arts Complex on Friday, August 9.
The show is based on the classic children's book series by David McKee, which celebrates its 30th birthday this year.
Elephants, as everyone knows, are big, have trunks, and are grey.
But Elmer is a patchwork of brilliant colours. His fun-loving and cheerful personality keeps everyone in a playful mood, until the day he gets tired of being different and tries to blend in with the herd.
You may also want to watch:
This is a puppet show with a menagerie of 21 puppets who tells the tale of an elephant who stands out - both with his patchwork-coloured skin and his sense of humour. He wants to fit in but then he realises that his friends have always valued his unique characteristics.
1pm. Running Time: 45 minutes. Tickets, £14 or £52 family from rhodesartscomplex.co.uk or 01279 710200.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 8 New cycle network consultation announced
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack