Socially distanced fairies and elves as Audley End Miniature Railway in Saffron Walden reopens
- Credit: Archant
A fairy and elf walk, a smoke-breathing dragon and a unicorn - it’s all at Audley End Miniature Railway
Audley End Miniature Railway has re-opened offering a train ride through woodland, a fairy and elf walk with fairy homes, and a games and picnic area.
There is also an interactive show where the children can meet a dragon who breathes smoke and see a unicorn.
There is new play equipment in the picnic area with a designated supervisor who will ensure that families keep to social distancing and who will be cleaning and wiping constantly.
The venue has a special clean team, It is only taking a third of its usual summer visitor to comply with social distancing and staff are using a spray which kills germs on contact and is effective for 30 days. They will be respraying twice a week.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “After such a long stretch of lockdown, we want to bring outdoor, spacious magical fun back into the lives of families, in a safe and secure environment.”
The miniature railway will be open until Sunday, September 6. Booked online, tickets are £12.50 or £6.50 for children under three-feet tall and free for babies under a year and cares of disabled people. Book on: https://audley-end-railway.digitickets.co.uk/. Telephone: 01799 510726.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 3 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 4 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 5 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 6 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 7 Award for off-duty police officer who saved a man's life
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 10 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler