Socially distanced fairies and elves as Audley End Miniature Railway in Saffron Walden reopens
- Credit: Archant
A fairy and elf walk, a smoke-breathing dragon and a unicorn - it’s all at Audley End Miniature Railway
Audley End Miniature Railway has re-opened offering a train ride through woodland, a fairy and elf walk with fairy homes, and a games and picnic area.
There is also an interactive show where the children can meet a dragon who breathes smoke and see a unicorn.
There is new play equipment in the picnic area with a designated supervisor who will ensure that families keep to social distancing and who will be cleaning and wiping constantly.
The venue has a special clean team, It is only taking a third of its usual summer visitor to comply with social distancing and staff are using a spray which kills germs on contact and is effective for 30 days. They will be respraying twice a week.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “After such a long stretch of lockdown, we want to bring outdoor, spacious magical fun back into the lives of families, in a safe and secure environment.”
The miniature railway will be open until Sunday, September 6. Booked online, tickets are £12.50 or £6.50 for children under three-feet tall and free for babies under a year and cares of disabled people. Book on: https://audley-end-railway.digitickets.co.uk/. Telephone: 01799 510726.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 3 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 4 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 5 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 10 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe