On and upwards
PERFORMING arts students at The College of Braintree will be presenting their final end of year show next week.
Falling Upwards is a special adaptation of Lewis Carroll’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
Alice is trapped in the illusions of Wonderland and is tryign to find her way home, but along the way she comes across some very peculiar creatures who confuse her: a caterpillar who knows everything about nothing, a queen obsessed with executions and a strangely grinning cat.
The question is, will Alice find her way home or will she lose her head in all the madness?
The performance project is part of the final year of the BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts. It takes place every year and shows are produced by the students themselves, from set design and costumes to acting and directing.
You may also want to watch:
Previous producations have included A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Sweet Charity.
This year the production has been written by students Roxanne Carney and Shauna Murray. The project is a culmination of two years’ work studying various different styles of acting, dancing and singing.
- 1 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 2 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 7 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
Performances of Falling Upwards will take place in the main hall at The College of Braintree, Church Lane, starting at 7.30pm on June 17, 18 and 19.
Ticket prices are �6 adults and �4 concessions. For further information contact Stuart Cooper on 01376 321711 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org