On and upwards
PERFORMING arts students at The College of Braintree will be presenting their final end of year show next week.
Falling Upwards is a special adaptation of Lewis Carroll’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
Alice is trapped in the illusions of Wonderland and is tryign to find her way home, but along the way she comes across some very peculiar creatures who confuse her: a caterpillar who knows everything about nothing, a queen obsessed with executions and a strangely grinning cat.
The question is, will Alice find her way home or will she lose her head in all the madness?
The performance project is part of the final year of the BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts. It takes place every year and shows are produced by the students themselves, from set design and costumes to acting and directing.
Previous producations have included A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Sweet Charity.
This year the production has been written by students Roxanne Carney and Shauna Murray. The project is a culmination of two years’ work studying various different styles of acting, dancing and singing.
- 1 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 2 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 3 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 4 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 5 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 6 Foodies Festival returns to Hylands Park for tasty Chelmsford weekend
- 7 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 8 School activities and sports in pictures
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 DJ Danny Rampling to headline at Dunmow music festival
Performances of Falling Upwards will take place in the main hall at The College of Braintree, Church Lane, starting at 7.30pm on June 17, 18 and 19.
Ticket prices are �6 adults and �4 concessions. For further information contact Stuart Cooper on 01376 321711 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org