Naked Australian songstress set to perform wearing just a guitar
EVER wanted to see a naked Australian girl play the guitar? Well High Barn is giving music lovers the chance to do just that this summer.
This September, down under girl Chloe Hall is coming to the Great Bardfield venue to share her folk and pop inspired sounds as well as a rather revealing stage presence.
Hall, along with her two-piece band, is touring the UK right up until December but will be popping into the Essex countryside for one gig on September 3.
One quirky part of a night watching the ozzie singstress is that she tends to play her tunes without a frock on – in fact without anything on.
She explains: “I grew up naked. My parents were hippies, so it was common to find at least one of us gallivanting around without clothes, at least through Spring and Summer.
You may also want to watch:
“When I first hit the road as a teenage troubadour, my regular New Year gig was at a clothing-optional festival. Audiences would strip off and dance. Can you imagine playing to hundreds of naked people? I looked forward to it every year!
“Now, so many years down the track, I still play my guitar naked. And songwriting? Yeah, sometimes, if I can get away with it.”
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 8 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Hall and her band, known as the ‘Trio’, have recently been voted best live act in Australia by viewers watching a large TV network. She is also set to release her latest CD ‘Dance With Me’ in the UK.
She added: “I think of my music as naked. Listening to my songs is as close as you can get to me. I don’t dress them up. My innermost thoughts are naked before you.
For more information visit chloehall.com.au for tickets visit high-barn.com or call 01371 811 291. Tickets are �12.