Miss Disco postpone Christmas gig due to spread of Omicron
- Credit: Miss Disco
A sold-out Christmas concert in Great Chesterford has been postponed due to the spread of Omicron.
Miss Disco's Christmas Masked Ball at Chesterfords Community Centre on Thursday, December 23 will no longer take place due to concerns over the soaring rates of the Omicron variant of COVID-19.
After contacting ticket holders directly, the live disco revue band announced their decision on Wednesday, December 15.
In a statement posted on the group’s social media pages, the band said: “We are truly, truly sorry to have to do this, but we have made the very difficult decision to postpone our Christmas Masked Ball at Chesterfords Community Centre on Thursday, December 23.
"We hope you will appreciate this was not a decision we took lightly, but with Omicron infection rates increasing massively by the day we feel we wouldn’t be able to guarantee everyone’s safety, which is absolutely paramount."
The band's statement continued: “We’re also aware that a considerable number of ticket holders had already made the decision not to attend the concert due to their own safety concerns, while numerous other ticket holders would have been unable to attend after testing positive for Covid.
"While we are extremely grateful that nobody had asked for a refund, we simply wouldn’t be comfortable playing a show where so many people who had paid good money for their tickets were absent due to such circumstances.”
- 1 Date set for RideLondon 2023
- 2 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 3 IN PICTURES: Sir Tom Jones' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 New environmental services depot opens in Little Canfield
- 5 Stretch of A12 to be resurfaced in 'vital' roadworks
- 6 Upcoming changes to bus routes in Great Dunmow
- 7 MP welcomes increase in police officers across Essex
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Farm announced as finalist for Pick Your Own of the Year award
- 10 Busy schedule of events for Dunmow Cricket Week
The band will announce a new date shortly, with all tickets remaining valid. Those unable to attend the new date will be offered full refunds.