Miss Disco postpone Christmas gig due to spread of Omicron
- Credit: Miss Disco
A sold-out Christmas concert in Great Chesterford has been postponed due to the spread of Omicron.
Miss Disco's Christmas Masked Ball at Chesterfords Community Centre on Thursday, December 23 will no longer take place due to concerns over the soaring rates of the Omicron variant of COVID-19.
After contacting ticket holders directly, the live disco revue band announced their decision on Wednesday, December 15.
In a statement posted on the group’s social media pages, the band said: “We are truly, truly sorry to have to do this, but we have made the very difficult decision to postpone our Christmas Masked Ball at Chesterfords Community Centre on Thursday, December 23.
"We hope you will appreciate this was not a decision we took lightly, but with Omicron infection rates increasing massively by the day we feel we wouldn’t be able to guarantee everyone’s safety, which is absolutely paramount."
The band's statement continued: “We’re also aware that a considerable number of ticket holders had already made the decision not to attend the concert due to their own safety concerns, while numerous other ticket holders would have been unable to attend after testing positive for Covid.
"While we are extremely grateful that nobody had asked for a refund, we simply wouldn’t be comfortable playing a show where so many people who had paid good money for their tickets were absent due to such circumstances.”
- 1 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 2 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
- 3 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 4 Environmental action: Dunmow boutique Wardrobe holding eco-swap
- 5 Dunmow St Mary's pupils scoop 14 medals in school sport series
- 6 Firefighters rescue curious cat from Great Notley drainpipe
- 7 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 8 Matt leads a breaktime recital at Felsted School
- 9 A look back: the fun times in Wethersfield remembered
- 10 Barnston Res pick up vital win while Dunmow impress against Daggers
The band will announce a new date shortly, with all tickets remaining valid. Those unable to attend the new date will be offered full refunds.