Local rock school launches in Great Dunmow
- Credit: Archant
Livewire Rock Academy will be opening a new rock school in Great Dunmow, on March 11.
The school launched in Bishop’s Stortford and Saffron Walden in 2009, and has since opened a school in Epping.
The Dunmow school will be operating on a Tuesday evening from the hall at Great Dunmow Primary School and will run three separate one-hour sessions every week from 6-9pm.
The academy is managed by local musician Dean Austin and owned by local musicians and businessmen Simon Baker and Andy Wilson.
It teaches electric guitar, drums, bass and keyboards and is open to anyone from six-years-old. Every lesson finishes with a 15 minute jam session with all pupils performing well known rock and pop songs, giving students the experience of playing together in a band from the very first lesson.
You may also want to watch:
Former Iron Maiden guitarist Dennis Stratton, who played on the first Iron Maiden album, is a strong supporter. He said: “This is a great opportunity for people to learn and play music with professional musicians and join me live on stage for the brilliant concerts Livewire put on for their students.
“This is a fantastic way for kids to learn how to play and make that crucial connection between playing an instrument and transferring those skills to playing in a band with other people.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Budding young musicians are being invited to come along for a free taster lesson at the school.
To book call 07941 670575, via livewirerockacademy.co.uk or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org