Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- Credit: St Mary's Church, Dunmow
The annual Live Nativity will return to Great Dunmow on Sunday, December 5.
Animals, children, parents, carers and spectators will flock to the Town Square at 3pm on the first Sunday in December.
They will join Mary, Joseph and a donkey for carols and Nativity stories performed by primary schools, before journeying to St Mary's Church for mulled wine and hot chocolate.
Reverend Elsie Bouffler said: "We are excited that our much-loved Live Nativity is back.
"This year our theme is hope.
"We have ambitious plans that this Christmas would be a time of hope for our whole community - not just wishful hoping, but a sure and certain hope in the promise of Jesus Christ."
Revd Bouffler said spectators and guests will be invited to leave a message on a giant "Wall of Hope" in the church after the Nativity.
A full church calendar is online: https://www.stmarysgreatdunmow.org.uk/resources/calendar
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 3 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 4 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 5 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 6 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 7 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 8 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 9 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 10 Festive fun comes to Rayne this December