Joe Brown to play at Chelmsford Civic Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Joe Brown has won over a new generation of fans performing on Later With Jools Holland, at the Concert For George Harrison and Glastonbury.
Rock 'n' roll legend Joe Brown, MBE, will be at Chelmsford Civic Theatre on November 16.
His Very Best Of album achieved gold record status and was on the UK charts for eight weeks staying four weeks in the Top 20.
His 50th anniversary concert was a sell-out show at the Royal Albert Hall.
Joe has won over a new generation of fans performing on BBC 2's Later With Jools Holland and at the Concert For George Harrison as well as playing Glastonbury.
You may also want to watch:
Joe, who splits his time between the UK and Nashville, combines rockabilly, gospel, country, bluegrass, and rock 'n' roll.
In 1956, the young Brown formed a skiffle group, The Spacemen.
- 1 District councillor resigns from R4U
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Japan-inspired album launched from a fantasy home in Dunmow
- 4 Exhibition encourages visitors to touch the sculptures
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'
- 9 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
He worked for British Railways in Plaistow as a steam locomotive fireman. He left the job because he said: "The smell of the diesels drove me out when they took over from steam."
Show 7.45pm. Tickets, £31, registered unemployed and full-time students £7, from 01245 606505 or firstname.lastname@example.org