Hospice hosts online Christmas quiz on November 20
- Credit: St Clare Hospice
St Clare Hospice will host its annual Christmas quiz virtually this year due to the Covid-19 crisis.
The Hastingwood-based charity’s festive trivia quiz will take place on Friday, November 20 from 7pm to 8.30pm via video conferencing service, Zoom.
It costs £3 per person and the proceeds will go towards supporting the work of the hospice’s clinical teams this Christmas.
Players will compete with about 100 other contestants online.
Raffle tickets will also be on sale and players are encouraged to wear a Christmas jumper or festive fancy dress.
You may also want to watch:
St Clare’s community fundraiser Dan Bailey, who is quizmaster for the night, said: “Just like many other local charities, we are really feeling the effects of the coronavirus pandemic on our usual fundraising income which relies on events and activities taking place – many of which have had to be postponed, or gone online this year.”
Visit stclarehospice.org.uk/st-clare-christmas-quiz or email email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 9 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 10 Former POW camp on council heritage list