Snowdrops and spring plants for National Garden Scheme open day
- Credit: supplied
There's an opportunity to admire snowdrops, crocuses, daffodils and winter plants in a Saffron Walden garden on Sunday (February 21).
Grove Lodge at Chater's Hill is taking part in the National Garden Scheme's open day from 2pm to 5pm, fundraising for national charities. Tickets must be pre-booked and no refreshments are possible at the moment. The garden will also be open on Monday, May 3.
At this time of year the NGS normally has the Snowdrop Festival. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, a number of restrictions and changes are in place.
All visits must be booked online via the NGS website at https://ngs.org.uk/february-openings-2021/
The gardens taking part in the open day are open to visitors for exercise in their local area.
You may also want to watch:
The NGS website also has the opportunity for virtual garden visits from home, with over 180 gardens to visit online, ranging from suburban gardens to historic gardens across the country.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 4 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 5 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 6 New High Sheriff of Essex is appointed
- 7 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 8 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 9 Stansted author to release second novel
- 10 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'