Four gardens to open
FOUR gardens will be opening their gates this month to raise funds for charity under National Gardens Scheme (NGS).
The NGS raises money for nursing and caring charities such as Marie Curie, Help the Hospices and Macmillan Cancer Support.
Locally, the gardens taking part in the scheme this month - most of which took part last year - are:
CHURCH LODGE Park Road, Little Easton CM6 2JN
Open on the weekend of Saturday and Sunday June 12 and 13 June (from 2pm to 5pm)
You may also want to watch:
This is a fun garden infused with vibrance and peace which will both surprise and delight.
There are many quirky corners and interesting features including fabulous Hostas and do be sure to look out for the surprising stag.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 8 New cycle network consultation announced
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 Summer art competition for children launched by school
EASTON LODGE GARDENS Park Road Little Easton, Great Dunmow CM6 2BB
Open for NGS on Sunday June 20 (12 to 5pm)
Famous large Edwardian garden designed for the Countess of Warwick and gradually being restored but still in parts very neglected.
A garden to be enjoyed for its history and romantic landscape.
NORTH END PLACE North End CM6 3PQ
Open on Sunday June 13 (1pm to 5pm)
A seven acre garden surrounding Georgian House created over past nine years. The carriage driveway is surrounded by billowing mixed borders. North End Place has a walled kitchen garden, a cutting garden, parterre, lime walk, woodland planting, and a very restful topiary, white garden.
It is already a firm favourite with garden visitors from all over essex and beyond.
ST HELENS High Street, Stebbing CM6 3SE
This heavenly garden is open on Saturday June 5 (11am to 5pm)
This is a one acre garden with a hidden pond crossed by ‘Monet’ bridge. The perfect place to unwind.