Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
Piers Meyler, Local Democracy Reporter
- Credit: PA
Chelmsford’s popular summer beer festival will not be going ahead this year due to Covid-19 concerns.
Organisers CAMRA cancelled its summer Chelmsford Beer & Cider Festival in 2020 due to the on-going pandemic and Government restrictions.
It is now hoped that the festival – which normally takes place at Admirals Park - will return in 2022.
Councillor Rose Moore, the city’s cabinet member for Green and Safer Chelmsford, said: “Unfortunately the beer festival will not take place this year but that is only because organisers CAMRA sadly chose not to proceed given the circumstances we have found ourselves in over the last 18 months.”
Cllr Moore, who said the authority would like the event and others to return at a future date, added: “We will assess all events equally and there is no reason to bar any festival as long as it complies with our events policy.”
You may also want to watch:
Events still going ahead at Admirals Park in 2021:
- The Sausage and Cider festival on Friday September 17
- The Ibiza Orchestra Live concert on Saturday September 18
- The firework display on Saturday November 6
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault