Felsted Schools to exhibit art in prestigious Dunmow gallery
FELSTED Schools staff and students will be exhibiting their works of art at The Aubrey Gallery in Great Dunmow.
David Smith, Benjamin Coppel and his wife, Margaret, are displaying their creations, along with a selection of pupils from the preparatory and senior schools, in the high street gallery.
Felsted has a reputation for artistic excellence and arts co-ordinator David Smith said the school is excited about the prospect of sharing their work with the local community.
“This is a marvellous opportunity for all of us to show what is going on at Felsted in terms of the visual arts,” he said.
“We are showing work by pupils from years 8 to 13 including GCSE, A Level and International Baccalaureate coursework as well as work produced by their teachers who are all professional artists in their own right.
You may also want to watch:
“It is my great hope that young people who are studying art in the area will come along and see what is going on in Felsted and be motivated to show their work at the Aubrey in the future.”
The exhibition runs until February 26 and is free.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash