Felsted Schools to exhibit art in prestigious Dunmow gallery
FELSTED Schools staff and students will be exhibiting their works of art at The Aubrey Gallery in Great Dunmow.
David Smith, Benjamin Coppel and his wife, Margaret, are displaying their creations, along with a selection of pupils from the preparatory and senior schools, in the high street gallery.
Felsted has a reputation for artistic excellence and arts co-ordinator David Smith said the school is excited about the prospect of sharing their work with the local community.
“This is a marvellous opportunity for all of us to show what is going on at Felsted in terms of the visual arts,” he said.
“We are showing work by pupils from years 8 to 13 including GCSE, A Level and International Baccalaureate coursework as well as work produced by their teachers who are all professional artists in their own right.
You may also want to watch:
“It is my great hope that young people who are studying art in the area will come along and see what is going on in Felsted and be motivated to show their work at the Aubrey in the future.”
The exhibition runs until February 26 and is free.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease