Felsted A Level students enter Saatchi art competition
STUNNING artworks by eight Felsted A Level art students are in the running for this year’s Saatchi Gallery Art Prize for Schools, sponsored by The Sunday Telegraph.
Their works are currently on display on the Saatchi Gallery website among nearly 19,000 entries from students aged under 18 from schools all around the world.
Felsted artists Oliver Murphy (aged 17, from Little Baddow), Lucy Coward- Whittaker (aged 17, from Aythorpe Roding), Alexandra Alabern (aged 16, from Mallorca), Yana Levchuk (aged 18, from Kiev), Jun Hwan Kim (aged 18, from Seoul), and Sophie Fuller (aged 18, from Thorpe Bay) have submitted entries to the competition, which has no prescribed theme or restriction on media. Sculpture, painting, installation, photography and mixed media art works are all eligible.
A first prize of �10,000 will be awarded to the winning school’s art department, with a further �2000 given to the winning pupil to be spent on art and computer equipment. Two further runner-up prizes of �5000 each will be awarded to the second and third placed schools, with a further �1000 to each of the winning pupils. The 20 Shortlisted entries will be exhibited at the Saatchi Gallery in January 2011.
The panel of judges this year comprises the artist Yinka Shonibare, Margot Heller, the director of the South London Gallery, the photographer Mary McCartney, Andrew Graham-Dixon, the Sunday Telegraph’s chief art critic, Alistair Hicks, Deutsche Bank art advisor and curator, and Rebecca Wilson, Associate Director, Saatchi Gallery.
You may also want to watch:
To view the gallery visit saatchi-gallery.co.uk/portfolio/SchoolInfo/Felsted/857.html
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?