Essex restaurant named in top 100 at British Curry Awards
JALSA Ghar has been named as the top Indian restaurant in Essex.
The Great Dunmow restaurant was shortlisted for the top 100 in the UK and top 20 from the East of England but they were the only Indian from Essex to feature on the night.
Owner Zia Chowdhury said: “There are some great restaurants in Essex so to be the only one in the county is an achievement beyond recognition.”
Mr Chowdhury and Omar Shorif attended the event on November 21 at Grosvenor House in London.
“We had a fantastic evening at Grosvenor House; I am in honour to those who nominated us,” added Mr Chowdhury.
You may also want to watch:
Having opened the restaurant 12 years ago, Jalsa Ghar has now been to the British Curry Awards for three years running. Last year they achieved a four-star status but this year they have topped that with five.
Mr Chowdhury said: “It shows we are getting better, when I started the restaurant I didn’t think I would ever be nominated let alone make the top 100.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
“This has been a team effort, not just one individual. I would like to thank the customers and the community for this achievement.”