Essex restaurant named in top 100 at British Curry Awards
JALSA Ghar has been named as the top Indian restaurant in Essex.
The Great Dunmow restaurant was shortlisted for the top 100 in the UK and top 20 from the East of England but they were the only Indian from Essex to feature on the night.
Owner Zia Chowdhury said: “There are some great restaurants in Essex so to be the only one in the county is an achievement beyond recognition.”
Mr Chowdhury and Omar Shorif attended the event on November 21 at Grosvenor House in London.
“We had a fantastic evening at Grosvenor House; I am in honour to those who nominated us,” added Mr Chowdhury.
You may also want to watch:
Having opened the restaurant 12 years ago, Jalsa Ghar has now been to the British Curry Awards for three years running. Last year they achieved a four-star status but this year they have topped that with five.
Mr Chowdhury said: “It shows we are getting better, when I started the restaurant I didn’t think I would ever be nominated let alone make the top 100.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 8 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
“This has been a team effort, not just one individual. I would like to thank the customers and the community for this achievement.”