Drive-in carol service for Essex farmers
- Credit: Diocese of Chelmsford
The Essex Farmers’ drive-in carol service takes place on Sunday (Dec 13) at 2.30pm.
Led by Rev Canon Janet Nicholls, the event at Chelmsford City Racecourse will include Christmas messages from the High Sheriff of Essex Julie Fosh and from the Bishop of Colchester, the Rt Revd Roger Morris.
Bishop Roger will bless a crib made by local churches.
Nancy May and a small choir from New Hall School will lead the singing. There will also be festive decorated tractors.
The event has been organised by Essex Farming Community Network and the Diocese of Chelmsford, supported by Essex Young Farmers.
You may also want to watch:
Canon Janet Nicholls said: “I’ve noticed that rural isolation and loneliness is becoming particularly acute as Christmas approaches.
“It is a delight to work with FCN and Essex Young Farmers to provide a Covid-safe event to lift the spirits.”
Tickets are free but must be booked in advance via EventBrite.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
Guests stay within their own vehicles.