Drive-in carol service for Essex farmers
- Credit: Diocese of Chelmsford
The Essex Farmers’ drive-in carol service takes place on Sunday (Dec 13) at 2.30pm.
Led by Rev Canon Janet Nicholls, the event at Chelmsford City Racecourse will include Christmas messages from the High Sheriff of Essex Julie Fosh and from the Bishop of Colchester, the Rt Revd Roger Morris.
Bishop Roger will bless a crib made by local churches.
Nancy May and a small choir from New Hall School will lead the singing. There will also be festive decorated tractors.
The event has been organised by Essex Farming Community Network and the Diocese of Chelmsford, supported by Essex Young Farmers.
You may also want to watch:
Canon Janet Nicholls said: “I’ve noticed that rural isolation and loneliness is becoming particularly acute as Christmas approaches.
“It is a delight to work with FCN and Essex Young Farmers to provide a Covid-safe event to lift the spirits.”
Tickets are free but must be booked in advance via EventBrite.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
Guests stay within their own vehicles.