Drive-in carol service for Essex farmers
- Credit: Diocese of Chelmsford
The Essex Farmers’ drive-in carol service takes place on Sunday (Dec 13) at 2.30pm.
Led by Rev Canon Janet Nicholls, the event at Chelmsford City Racecourse will include Christmas messages from the High Sheriff of Essex Julie Fosh and from the Bishop of Colchester, the Rt Revd Roger Morris.
Bishop Roger will bless a crib made by local churches.
Nancy May and a small choir from New Hall School will lead the singing. There will also be festive decorated tractors.
The event has been organised by Essex Farming Community Network and the Diocese of Chelmsford, supported by Essex Young Farmers.
You may also want to watch:
Canon Janet Nicholls said: “I’ve noticed that rural isolation and loneliness is becoming particularly acute as Christmas approaches.
“It is a delight to work with FCN and Essex Young Farmers to provide a Covid-safe event to lift the spirits.”
Tickets are free but must be booked in advance via EventBrite.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 9 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 10 Former POW camp on council heritage list
Guests stay within their own vehicles.