Learn how to decorate a cake, create bunting and make an Easter wreath
- Credit: Emma Wallis of Lottie & Jake’s Scrumptious Cakes
An Easter Teatime Treats workshop will be hosted online, and raise funds for Farleigh Hospice.
Emma Wallis of Lottie & Jake’s Scrumptious Cakes will teach cake decoration on March 30 at 2pm. Participants will learn how to make cute chicks and colourful Easter eggs from fondant icing that can be used to decorate one large cake or individual cupcakes.
Emma will also share her buttercream recipe. The online workshop costs £10 per household and is suitable for all ages, but little ones may need some help from an adult.
The workshop is one of several coming up.
On March 24, there is an Easter wreath making and Spring flowers demonstration at 2pm with tutor Janet Thorogood, and on April 17 at 10.30am join the workshop called Celebration Bunting Making with Sew Jo Baker.
Emma Wallis, owner of Lottie and Jake’s Scrumptious Cakes who is running the March 30 workshop, said: “Farleigh provides phenomenal support for those with life-limiting illnesses and their families.
"The pandemic has made fundraising difficult for them which is why we wanted to help by hosting an event that can be undertaken virtually."
- 1 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 2 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 3 Pets' Corner news: Winter Walkies for St Clare
- 4 Sunday's event for the 100 year anniversary of village hall
- 5 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 8 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Growth in Stansted Airport holiday bookings a 'boon' for Great Dunmow
Emma’s 12-year-old daughter Charlotte – the Lottie in ‘Lottie & Jake’s’ - has raised over £80 for the hospice through selling treat boxes of cakes and biscuits over a two-week period.
Charlotte has plans to host a garden bake sale when pandemic restrictions are lifted.
Visit https://www.farleighhospice.org/events to book a place on any of Farleigh Hospice’s spring events.
To purchase Easter treats in aid of Farleigh Hospice visit Lottie & Jake’s Scrumptious Cakes social media pages: Twitter: @LottieAndJakesCake, Facebook: @lottieandjakes