Learn how to decorate a cake, create bunting and make an Easter wreath
- Credit: Emma Wallis of Lottie & Jake’s Scrumptious Cakes
An Easter Teatime Treats workshop will be hosted online, and raise funds for Farleigh Hospice.
Emma Wallis of Lottie & Jake’s Scrumptious Cakes will teach cake decoration on March 30 at 2pm. Participants will learn how to make cute chicks and colourful Easter eggs from fondant icing that can be used to decorate one large cake or individual cupcakes.
Emma will also share her buttercream recipe. The online workshop costs £10 per household and is suitable for all ages, but little ones may need some help from an adult.
The workshop is one of several coming up.
On March 24, there is an Easter wreath making and Spring flowers demonstration at 2pm with tutor Janet Thorogood, and on April 17 at 10.30am join the workshop called Celebration Bunting Making with Sew Jo Baker.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Wallis, owner of Lottie and Jake’s Scrumptious Cakes who is running the March 30 workshop, said: “Farleigh provides phenomenal support for those with life-limiting illnesses and their families.
"The pandemic has made fundraising difficult for them which is why we wanted to help by hosting an event that can be undertaken virtually."
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 4 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 6 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 7 New High Sheriff of Essex is appointed
- 8 Stansted author to release second novel
- 9 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
Emma’s 12-year-old daughter Charlotte – the Lottie in ‘Lottie & Jake’s’ - has raised over £80 for the hospice through selling treat boxes of cakes and biscuits over a two-week period.
Charlotte has plans to host a garden bake sale when pandemic restrictions are lifted.
Visit https://www.farleighhospice.org/events to book a place on any of Farleigh Hospice’s spring events.
To purchase Easter treats in aid of Farleigh Hospice visit Lottie & Jake’s Scrumptious Cakes social media pages: Twitter: @LottieAndJakesCake, Facebook: @lottieandjakes