Dunmow: What’s on this Easter holiday
Events in and around the Great Dunmow area over the school holidays.
? HATFIELD Forest is hosting a series of Easter Egg Trails over the bank holiday weekend.
The self-guided trail will lead egg hunters through the forest to a rewarding chocoate prize at the end. It lasts for 45 and starts in the lake area of the forest. The trails run from 11am-3.30pm from Good Friday to Easter Monday and cost £2 for children to take part. The normal car parking charge applies for non-members.
If egg hunting is not your thing, how about getting to grips with the basics of survival when two one-day courses are held in the forest on April 9 and 11.
Activities include lighting fires, shelter building and foraging for food, but visitors have been asked to bring their own lunch. The day is suitable for adults and accompanied children 8+ and bookings must be made beforehand by calling 0844 249 1895
Or why not try your hand at the historic sport of archery, with a medieval twist! The event, on April 14 from 10.30am-4pm, includes a lesson on fletching arrows and costs £2 for 5 arrows.
? AN EGG-CITING Easter egg hunt will be on offer at Blake House Craft Centre over the holidays.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 7 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 8 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
From Good Friday to Easter Monday the centre will open its doors for children to enjoy face painting, a bouncy castle and a colouring competition alongside the main event – an Easter egg hunt around the craft centre.
The centre is open from 10am-5pm.
? DISABILITY charity Papworth Trust has organised a special holiday club for disabled young people in Great Dunmow for the Easter holidays.
Called ‘Fun United’, the holiday club will give young disabled people aged between 11 and 19 years the opportunity to make new friends and have fun.
Every day there will be range of activities to choose from including: film making, street dance, bowling and urban art.
The holiday club will be held between 10am-3pm at The Arts Centre Dunmow, on the following dates during half term: Tuesday April 2, Wednesday April 3, Thursday April 4, Tuesday April 9, Wednesday April 10 and Thursday April 11.
The young people will need to bring their own packed lunch and there is a cost of £5 per day.
To find out more, call Gayle on 07891 006522 , send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to papworth.org.uk/youthclubs