Cinderella will go to the ball with 160 costumes at Foakes Hall
- Credit: Archant
The sewing machine is whirring away at the home of Belinda Savill, director of Cinderella at Foakes Hall in Dunmow. So far, Belinda has made 135 costumes for the show and there are another 25 to go.
The sewing machine is whirring away at the home of Belinda Savill, director of Cinderella at Foakes Hall in Dunmow.
So far, Belinda has made 135 costumes for the show and there are another 25 to go before the opening night.
She says: "Cinderella involves a lot of costume changes and a lot of fabric."
Also she says, some of the cast have got bigger.
"Ten years ago Buttons was five foot, eight and weighed eight and a half stone. This year, my son-in-law (Rob Beard) is over six foot and weighs 12 stone."
The well-versed cast includes Adam Thompson and Carrie Graig as the Ugly Sisters. Thompson won the Personality Award last year for his Idle Jack in Dick Whittington.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 3 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 6 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 7 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 8 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Plus Mollie Blake as Cinders and Poppy Sanders as the Prince. There will be 25 dancers from Dunmow Theatre Dance School.
January 1-4, shows 5pm with Saturday matinee at noon. Tickets, £10.50/£12.50 from www.dunmowpanto.co.uk or 07769 684 839.