Cinderella will go to the ball with 160 costumes at Foakes Hall
- Credit: Archant
The sewing machine is whirring away at the home of Belinda Savill, director of Cinderella at Foakes Hall in Dunmow. So far, Belinda has made 135 costumes for the show and there are another 25 to go.
The sewing machine is whirring away at the home of Belinda Savill, director of Cinderella at Foakes Hall in Dunmow.
So far, Belinda has made 135 costumes for the show and there are another 25 to go before the opening night.
She says: "Cinderella involves a lot of costume changes and a lot of fabric."
Also she says, some of the cast have got bigger.
You may also want to watch:
"Ten years ago Buttons was five foot, eight and weighed eight and a half stone. This year, my son-in-law (Rob Beard) is over six foot and weighs 12 stone."
The well-versed cast includes Adam Thompson and Carrie Graig as the Ugly Sisters. Thompson won the Personality Award last year for his Idle Jack in Dick Whittington.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 5 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 French fast food venture faces recruitment crisis
- 10 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
Plus Mollie Blake as Cinders and Poppy Sanders as the Prince. There will be 25 dancers from Dunmow Theatre Dance School.
January 1-4, shows 5pm with Saturday matinee at noon. Tickets, £10.50/£12.50 from www.dunmowpanto.co.uk or 07769 684 839.