Cinderella will go to the ball with 160 costumes at Foakes Hall
- Credit: Archant
The sewing machine is whirring away at the home of Belinda Savill, director of Cinderella at Foakes Hall in Dunmow. So far, Belinda has made 135 costumes for the show and there are another 25 to go.
The sewing machine is whirring away at the home of Belinda Savill, director of Cinderella at Foakes Hall in Dunmow.
So far, Belinda has made 135 costumes for the show and there are another 25 to go before the opening night.
She says: "Cinderella involves a lot of costume changes and a lot of fabric."
Also she says, some of the cast have got bigger.
You may also want to watch:
"Ten years ago Buttons was five foot, eight and weighed eight and a half stone. This year, my son-in-law (Rob Beard) is over six foot and weighs 12 stone."
The well-versed cast includes Adam Thompson and Carrie Graig as the Ugly Sisters. Thompson won the Personality Award last year for his Idle Jack in Dick Whittington.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
Plus Mollie Blake as Cinders and Poppy Sanders as the Prince. There will be 25 dancers from Dunmow Theatre Dance School.
January 1-4, shows 5pm with Saturday matinee at noon. Tickets, £10.50/£12.50 from www.dunmowpanto.co.uk or 07769 684 839.