Cinderella will go to the ball with 160 costumes at Foakes Hall
- Credit: Archant
The sewing machine is whirring away at the home of Belinda Savill, director of Cinderella at Foakes Hall in Dunmow. So far, Belinda has made 135 costumes for the show and there are another 25 to go.
The sewing machine is whirring away at the home of Belinda Savill, director of Cinderella at Foakes Hall in Dunmow.
So far, Belinda has made 135 costumes for the show and there are another 25 to go before the opening night.
She says: "Cinderella involves a lot of costume changes and a lot of fabric."
Also she says, some of the cast have got bigger.
You may also want to watch:
"Ten years ago Buttons was five foot, eight and weighed eight and a half stone. This year, my son-in-law (Rob Beard) is over six foot and weighs 12 stone."
The well-versed cast includes Adam Thompson and Carrie Graig as the Ugly Sisters. Thompson won the Personality Award last year for his Idle Jack in Dick Whittington.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
Plus Mollie Blake as Cinders and Poppy Sanders as the Prince. There will be 25 dancers from Dunmow Theatre Dance School.
January 1-4, shows 5pm with Saturday matinee at noon. Tickets, £10.50/£12.50 from www.dunmowpanto.co.uk or 07769 684 839.