Dunmow choir urgently needs new members
- Credit: Dunmow Community Singers
Dunmow Community Singers is urgently appealing for new members to step forward, otherwise its future could be in jeopardy.
The choir has been active since the 1970s but membership numbers have dwindled for various reasons.
With weekly rehearsals, the choir has typically hosted two concerts a year, concert exchanges with Dunmow’s twinned town of Dourdan, France, and has welcomed school children learning a musical instrument to perform.
Several of the current members have been attending for over 20 years, enjoying the social and well-being aspects.
They sing a wide array of songs from West End shows and pop songs, to James Bond themes and older traditional pieces.
Treasurer Christine said: “With the costs of hiring a hall, pianist and conductor we must find more members to keep the choir viable.”
Choir rehearsals are 7.45pm on Mondays in term time at St Mary’s Room next to the Angel and Harp pub.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
Anyone who enjoys singing can join. Call Jenny on 873107 or email email@example.com