Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- Credit: Saffron Photo
Victorian costumed participants brought 1881 into focus during three days of events at Audley End House and Gardens.
Side-saddle riders and cavalrymen leapt and galloped across the grounds for the Victorian Gymkhana Games, cheered on by the crowd at the Riverside Arena.
The Victorian Cavalry showed off an impressive range of skills and tactics.
And birds of prey soared through the air above the Picnic Lawn before landing on the gloved hand of a falconer.
Participants learned more about the horses in the Stable Yard, saw how military horses were made ready in full military kit, and chatted to the groom, saddler and wheelwright.
Later this month on September 25-26, Audley End House and Gardens is hosting an Apple Festival.
You may also want to watch:
There are over 150 apple varieties in their kitchen garden. There will be tours, demonstrations and live music.
In pictures: The 2021 Victorian Horses at Audley End event
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 8 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 9 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone