Hundreds attend snowdrops open day
- Credit: Team Essex Photography group
Hundreds of visitors enjoyed the snowdrops at the Gardens of Easton Lodge on Sunday (February 13).
And the Gardens will be open again on Thursday (February 17), Sunday February 20 and Thursday February 24.
Trustee Jill Goldsmith said: “It was brilliant to share the joy of the snowdrops again.
"Last year we couldn’t open for snowdrops due to the Covid rules, and in 2020 there were storms which closed the Gardens on one of the two open days.
"The snowdrops are so special, because they remind us that spring is on its way."
The Trust’s volunteers were kept busy serving hot drinks, homemade soup and homemade cake.
Visitors were able to buy snowdrops and other plants to take home.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 6 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
The Team Essex Photography group met at the Gardens and captured the views.
For opening hours and prices for the open days see the website www.eastonlodge.co.uk