Meet the Spring lambs at Rainbow Rural Centre open day
- Credit: Rainbow Rural Centre
Meet Spring lambs and find out more about a registered Care Farm on Sunday, April 24.
Rainbow Rural Centre based on Sallet's organic farm, Sallets Green, just off High Easter Road near Barnston, has been supporting the community for 12 years.
As well as lambs on the farm, the small flock of sheep are very popular with disabled and vulnerable children and adults who attend Farm Club.
They also have Pippin the pig, three geese, a few hens and hopefully some chicks, free ranging ducks with maybe their ducklings, and Cameo the horse.
The open day runs from 10.30am and includes a plant sale, the chance to feed the animals, enjoy the large garden, and walk on the lanes, paths and in the wood. Refreshments will be available.
Carol Monk, owner and director of the community interest company, said care farming is designed to use the farmland and environment to help support mental health and wellbeing.
Tickets cost £5 for adults. Children under age 12 get free admission. There is no need to book in advance.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 6 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 7 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 8 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 9 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
There is a large car park opposite Garnetts Wood. For Blue Badge parking, please contact organisers before the open day on 07873 232 055.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or see www.rainbowrural.co.uk