Many things change, but this Dunmow landmark remains
Angela Jardine, Trustee at The Maltings in Great Dunmow
- Credit: Great Dunmow Maltings
Angela Jardine, Trustee at The Maltings in Great Dunmow, reflects on the Mill Lane building and how volunteers are playing a vital role.
Whether you have had your jabs and now dream of eating inside a restaurant or maybe you’re more adventurous and are poised ready to book a holiday, we are all slowly beginning to live our new normal lives.
But it isn’t all change. There is one constant in Dunmow. The Maltings in Mill Lane stands proud and looks forward to welcoming you.
It's shocking to think that The Maltings was almost demolished but it was saved for the community by a dedicated band of volunteers.
If the building could talk, I am sure that there would be many tales to tell but I hope that there would also be a word of thanks for those people who give so much of their time to ensure that this venue remains available for the community.
In addition to housing the town museum the building is also available to hire. It now proudly boasts an updated audio system which will greatly benefit our local businesses as they hire The Maltings for meetings, AGMs and a host of functions.
You may also want to watch:
As we come out of lockdown and start to meet up with old friends there is an opportunity for you to get involved with the team. Our unpaid volunteers are priceless!
The Friends of The Maltings is always happy to welcome new members and would be delighted to hear from people who want to join the team.
- 1 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 5 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
Or, maybe you feel that you could offer particular skills and experience and will consider joining the board of Trustees.
The Maltings is a building in the heart of Great Dunmow.
It has a proud history, could you be part of its future? To find out more contact The Friends via email email@example.com
Or for venue hire and general enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can always follow us on Facebook and get involved.