Days out: Blake House Craft Centre, Essex
SEPTEMBER is set to be a busy one for the Blake House Craft Centre near Stebbing as the annual Great Maize Maze opens at night and the British Lawnmower Racing Championships takes place.
On the weekend of September 4 and 5 vehicles usually associated with cutting the green foliage in the back yard will whizz around a track to be crowned the fastest in Britain.
To get your trackside spot for what is a high energy, high velocity sport, that attracts large crowds across the country, arrive before 10am.
The action continues until 5pm and there will be bouncy castles to help amuse the children, so lots of great fun to be had for the whole family. Entry is �2 and all proceeds go to the Essex Air Ambulance.
Also not to be missed the following weekend, on Saturday September 11, a hog roast and torchlight maze night.
You may also want to watch:
Food will be served from 7pm accompanied by live music, followed by the maze challenge which will take place in the twilight and darkness of the huge maize maze.
For great family entertainment, mud and madness, visit Blake House Craft Centre to conquer the 2010 original Great Maze, the chance to visit some of the unique craft centre shops, challenge friends on the mini-golf course, and see amazing Lawnmower Racing.
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
�For more information visit greatmaze.info or call 01376 553146. For more information from the British Lawnmower Racing Association, visit blmra.co.uk