Days out: Blake House Craft Centre, Essex
SEPTEMBER is set to be a busy one for the Blake House Craft Centre near Stebbing as the annual Great Maize Maze opens at night and the British Lawnmower Racing Championships takes place.
On the weekend of September 4 and 5 vehicles usually associated with cutting the green foliage in the back yard will whizz around a track to be crowned the fastest in Britain.
To get your trackside spot for what is a high energy, high velocity sport, that attracts large crowds across the country, arrive before 10am.
The action continues until 5pm and there will be bouncy castles to help amuse the children, so lots of great fun to be had for the whole family. Entry is �2 and all proceeds go to the Essex Air Ambulance.
Also not to be missed the following weekend, on Saturday September 11, a hog roast and torchlight maze night.
Food will be served from 7pm accompanied by live music, followed by the maze challenge which will take place in the twilight and darkness of the huge maize maze.
For great family entertainment, mud and madness, visit Blake House Craft Centre to conquer the 2010 original Great Maze, the chance to visit some of the unique craft centre shops, challenge friends on the mini-golf course, and see amazing Lawnmower Racing.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 8 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
�For more information visit greatmaze.info or call 01376 553146. For more information from the British Lawnmower Racing Association, visit blmra.co.uk