Carver Barracks set to throw open the gates for open day
SOLDIERS at Carver Barracks are opening up the Wimbish base to the public for a free Army show later this month.
33 Eng Reg (EOD) and 101 (City of London) Eng Reg (EOD) based at the barracks are throwing open the gates on July 27 to the community and surrounding area.
“The open day is our opportunity to say thank you to Wimbish and the surrounding community for their continued support,” said Captain Suze Marshall.
“Combining the resources of the regiment and traders and community groups it promises to be a fun-packed day out with plenty for everyone to see and do.
“I hope people will join us for what will be an enjoyable day and an ideal opportunity for local people to get to know the British Army in their region.”
You may also want to watch:
Alongside more than 25 trade and display stands, the day will include a variety of military demonstrations including bridge building and a display by military working dogs and their handlers.
It will also incorporate a vehicle display and activity stands including a mine detection stand and a night vision goggle maze.
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Valentine's Flitch Ball to take place this February
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 8 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 9 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 10 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
Visitors will also have the opportunity to speak with soldiers about life in the Army and the work that they have done in Afghanistan. Both units have served in Afghanistan with soldiers from 61 Field Squadron, 33 Eng Reg (EOD) currently deployed.
Gates open at 11.30am, entrance will be free on Carver Barracks Airfield. A programme will be on sale for £4.