Car Park Panto arriving at Stansted Airport this Christmas to bring some festive cheer
- Credit: Ian Tilton
Car Park Panto is back this Christmas and the people behind Horrible Histories will be arriving at Stansted Airport with their festive drive-in show.
Following a sold out tour in 2020, Horrible Christmas can be seen at London Stansted Airport for the first time on Sunday, December 19.
The 2021 tour also visits IWM Duxford in Cambridgeshire the day before.
You can also see the show in Essex at Chelmsford City Racecourse on Friday, December 17.
With the closing of theatres across the country in 2020, Birmingham Stage Company and Coalition Presents worked together to save Christmas for over 17,000 families by putting on the world's first drive-in panto.
Horrible Christmas is a unique Covid-secure experience, where kids – and adults – are able to jump and down in their own seats, cheer and make as much noise as they like. You can even beep those horns!
Not strictly speaking a typical panto, it will still get everyone into the festive spirit from the comfort and security of their own cars.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much respected' Great Dunmow Town Band leader Andy King
- 2 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 3 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 4 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 5 Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners make the most of the summer sun
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 8 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 9 KidzFair in Great Dunmow was a huge success for young entrepreneurs
- 10 Harmer's career-best haul helps Essex stun Hampshire
Neal Foster, actor/manager of Birmingham Stage Company, said: “We were amazed and thrilled how totally successful the Car Park Party productions proved to be during the last 18 months – and we’re delighted to be back on tour again with our Horrible Histories production of Horrible Christmas!
"It turns live theatre into a truly unique and festive event!”
When Christmas comes under threat from a jolly man dressed in red, it’s up to one young boy to save the day – but can he save Christmas?
From Victorian villains to Medieval monks, Puritan parties to Tudor treats, join Car Park Panto on a hair-raising adventure through the history of Christmas in the company of Charles Dickens, Oliver Cromwell, King Henry VIII and St Nicholas as they all join forces to save the festive season.
From the creative team behind Horrible Histories, this hilarious, moving story of Christmas is set to wow thousands of families across the country this year.
Christmas is often the first time a child experiences live theatre and sometimes the cost of taking a family can be prohibitive over the festive period.
The price of a Car Park Panto ticket covers the vehicle, not the number of family members you cram inside.
Tickets will go on sale at 9am on Friday, September 3.
There are limited tickets for each show priced at £49.50 per car (£2.50 booking fee applies). Tickets and T&C’s are available at carparkparty.com