Young choirs to sing in the Anglo-Saxon church of St Mary’s in Standon
- Credit: Archant
The three youth choirs of Cantate will sing at St Mary’s Church, Standon in Hertfordshire.
The three youth choirs of Cantate will sing at St Mary's Church, Standon in Hertfordshire on Sunday, March 15.
The Cantate Spring Fling has singers from six to l8 in the group's training, junior and senior choirs.
The programme will include: Simmons' Time on our Hands, Paulus' The Road Home and Britten's Ride by Nights with folk songs, spirituals and songs from musicals.
The concert will be conducted by Cantate's Music Director Lucy Joy Morris.
Cantate is a mixed-voice youth choir based in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire. With nearly 120 young singers in three choirs, it has a reputation for innovative, dynamic and musical performances of the highest quality, yet is open to. anyone to join without audition. Among their distinguished performances are the senior choir's If I had wings by Will Todd at the Royal Albert Hall and the junior and training choir's Letters to Lindberg by Richard Rodney Bennett in Ashton Church.
Cantate Senior Choir were part in one of the UK's largest youth choir projects singing and recording An English Coronation in Ely Cathedral.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
The church has Anglo-Saxon origins and has the ornate tomb of the Tudor courtier, Sir Ralph Sadler.
6pm. Tickets, £12, £10 (concessions), £5 under 18s from www.cantate.co.uk/events or on the door.