Young choirs to sing in the Anglo-Saxon church of St Mary’s in Standon
- Credit: Archant
The three youth choirs of Cantate will sing at St Mary’s Church, Standon in Hertfordshire.
The three youth choirs of Cantate will sing at St Mary's Church, Standon in Hertfordshire on Sunday, March 15.
The Cantate Spring Fling has singers from six to l8 in the group's training, junior and senior choirs.
The programme will include: Simmons' Time on our Hands, Paulus' The Road Home and Britten's Ride by Nights with folk songs, spirituals and songs from musicals.
The concert will be conducted by Cantate's Music Director Lucy Joy Morris.
You may also want to watch:
Cantate is a mixed-voice youth choir based in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire. With nearly 120 young singers in three choirs, it has a reputation for innovative, dynamic and musical performances of the highest quality, yet is open to. anyone to join without audition. Among their distinguished performances are the senior choir's If I had wings by Will Todd at the Royal Albert Hall and the junior and training choir's Letters to Lindberg by Richard Rodney Bennett in Ashton Church.
Cantate Senior Choir were part in one of the UK's largest youth choir projects singing and recording An English Coronation in Ely Cathedral.
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
The church has Anglo-Saxon origins and has the ornate tomb of the Tudor courtier, Sir Ralph Sadler.
6pm. Tickets, £12, £10 (concessions), £5 under 18s from www.cantate.co.uk/events or on the door.