Cannon and Ball will be at Chelmsford Civic Theatre on Wednesday, March 18
- Credit: Archant
In act one they will perform some of their legendary sketches. In act two they tell stories about their career and invite questions.
Cannon and Ball will be at Chelmsford Civic Theatre on Wednesday, March 18 in An Audience with Cannon and Ball.
In act one of the show, they will perform some of their legendary sketches and routines. In act two they will tell stories about their career and then open the mic to the audience for questions.
Tommy Cannon (born Thomas Derbyshire in 1938) and Bobby Ball (born Robert Harper in January 1944), starred in The Cannon and Ball Show for nine years on ITV.
They duo met in the early 1960s while working as welders in Oldham, Lancashire.
They started out as singers working the pubs and clubs of Greater Manchester and switched to comedy after being told comics earned an extra £3 a night.
Bobby Ball appears as Lee Mack's father in BBC One's sitcom Not Going Out.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 3 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 4 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 5 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 8 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 9 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
- 10 Things to do in Essex this June
7.30pm. Meet and greet 6pm. Tickets, £21, concessions, £19 - meet and greet £26 from 01245 606505 or www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres.