Brits Award winner Beverley Craven to play High barn in Essex
BRIT-AWARD winning Beverley Craven returns to High Barn, Great Bardfield, on Saturday October 9.
Best known for her 1991 hit ‘Promise Me’ and multi-million selling eponymous album, she is back on the road supporting her new CD titled Close To Home. It is her first live concert DVD and was recorded at High Barn in 2009.
High Barn spokesman Wendy Meldrum said; “This an evening guaranteed to show you an artist at the top of her game as she is without doubt one of the most successful singer-songwriters the UK has ever produced.”
Craven became a household name in the early 90’s with the release of her debut album which became a worldwide hit, selling more than two million copies.
The ‘Promise Me’ single then went on to become a huge hit across Europe and she followed this up with a string of chart successes including ‘Memories’, ‘Holding On’, ‘Woman To Woman’ and ‘Love Scenes’.
Now in 2010, after a lengthy break raising her family, she is finally back.
“It’s a rebirth in many ways,” she said. “Only this time there’s no record deal and no pressure. I’m doing things on my terms now and you know what – I’m really enjoying myself.”
- 1 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 3 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 4 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 5 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 6 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 7 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 8 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 9 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 10 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
Tickets for the gig are selling fast at �22 each.
To book call the High Barn box office on 01371 811291 or go to high-barn.com