Brilliant entertainers set to strike right chord at Great Dunmow concert
- Credit: Archant
One of the foremost men’s chorus of its kind in Europe will be performing in Great Dunmow next week.
The Rotary Club of Dunmow will present the ‘Cambridge Chord Company in Concert’ at St Mary’s Church, Church End on Saturday, April 12.
With traditional four-part harmonies of the barbershop style, the group has, over the years, built up a catalogue of musical genres to impress their audiences.
They have performed and competed in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Eire, the US, the Netherlands and Canada, singing in auditoriums and bars, football stadiums, fish markets and even a swimming pool – not forgetting to a statue of Elvis Presley in Memphis, Tennessee.
Rotarian Mike Perry said: “They are very good, really excellent. They perform a range of different numbers – some are sombre and others lively. They are just all-rounders really and brilliant entertainers. Crowds always turn up to see them and we are expecting the same again this year.”
You may also want to watch:
Fellow Rotarian Peter Fox added: “It is guaranteed to be a great evening with music ranging from American standards to Simon and Garfunkel. From traditional ballads to fun and crazy tunes.”
Tickets are £10 which includes a drink during the interval. Tickets can be purchased from Lipsons Photography or Wade and Davies, both in Dunmow High Street.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 5 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
Alternatively, contact Claire Reeve on 01371 873768 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or the club secretary Chris Barrett on 01371 874906 or email@example.com
If space is available, tickets will be available at the door on the night.