Brilliant entertainers set to strike right chord at Great Dunmow concert
- Credit: Archant
One of the foremost men’s chorus of its kind in Europe will be performing in Great Dunmow next week.
The Rotary Club of Dunmow will present the ‘Cambridge Chord Company in Concert’ at St Mary’s Church, Church End on Saturday, April 12.
With traditional four-part harmonies of the barbershop style, the group has, over the years, built up a catalogue of musical genres to impress their audiences.
They have performed and competed in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Eire, the US, the Netherlands and Canada, singing in auditoriums and bars, football stadiums, fish markets and even a swimming pool – not forgetting to a statue of Elvis Presley in Memphis, Tennessee.
Rotarian Mike Perry said: “They are very good, really excellent. They perform a range of different numbers – some are sombre and others lively. They are just all-rounders really and brilliant entertainers. Crowds always turn up to see them and we are expecting the same again this year.”
You may also want to watch:
Fellow Rotarian Peter Fox added: “It is guaranteed to be a great evening with music ranging from American standards to Simon and Garfunkel. From traditional ballads to fun and crazy tunes.”
Tickets are £10 which includes a drink during the interval. Tickets can be purchased from Lipsons Photography or Wade and Davies, both in Dunmow High Street.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 3 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 4 Raynes Boxing Club duo delighted to return to amateur competition
- 5 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 6 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
Alternatively, contact Claire Reeve on 01371 873768 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or the club secretary Chris Barrett on 01371 874906 or email@example.com
If space is available, tickets will be available at the door on the night.