Choir celebrating 50 years is looking for new singers
- Credit: supplied by Braintree Male Voice Choir
A choir is celebrating its golden jubilee – without a celebration.
Braintree Male Voice Choir, which rehearses in Bocking, is 50 years old this year.
But has not been able to celebrate because of the pandemic.
Choir chairman Bob Waters said: “We’re proud that we’ve been singing for 50 years.
“We’ve been through quite a lot together over that time but spending 18 months without singing is not something we’re going to remember fondly!
You may also want to watch:
“We had hoped for a proper celebration as we reached our golden jubilee but we’ll have to put that on hold."
The choice starts rehearsals again on Wednesday September 1 and is actively looking for new members.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 4 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 5 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 6 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 7 Moth night celebrates Dunmow's autumn biodiversity
- 8 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 9 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 10 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
They rehearse every Wednesday at 7.30pm at St Peter’s Church hall, Bocking.
There are no auditions and you don’t need to read music.
Contact Ron Fosker on 01376 512582 or find them on Facebook and send them a message.